Friday, October 19, 2012

Cammack AKA Majenica revisited





            When I was born we lived in a place very similar to this....

                          
               Now my sister lives within walking distance of 
                Cammack Station....how coincidental.
                     Next door was the competition gas/service station.

                            


 Ours was gas/grocery and we lived in back.
Supermarkets were the down-fall of this type of operation until 7-eleven revived the corner 'Stop & Go' and gas stations picked up on it.  Now they are more common than Starbucks!
 Cammack is truely Mayberry revisited or in my case Majenica.  Sadly our house/grocery/gas station burned down and no longer exists except in a picture sis' showed me.  Probably the only one we have.


 
Leaving Muncie I am off to the nostalgic covered bridges of Rockville, Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment